Monday, May 18, 2009

Silver Creek Falls

Is there anything more beautiful in nature than a waterfall? I could sit and watch one for hours--they are such an extraordinary site. Silver Creek Falls State Park has over ten waterfalls within the park, which is just amazing. The South Falls is definitely one of the more awesome waterfalls I've experienced. It's huge AND you get to walk behind it! How cool is that?

Here are Grant and Dallin standing near the head of the falls. Notice the creek just disappears in the background. Scary!


Here I am before the steep descent to the bottom. I wasn't so smiley on the way back up!
Mariah on the backside of the waterfall--it was misty and cold!
Kyle hiding in one of the "caves" in the rock wall behind the falls. Everyone walking by thought he was adorable!

We also counted the rings on an 80 year old tree stump, measured the circumference of a giant tree in the forest, and splashed in the creek (well above the falls, of course) which the kids loved. The water was pretty cold but once the numbness set in, it wasn't so bad! It didn't stop the kids from having fun, anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment