Saturday, June 6, 2009
Locksmith, anyone?
Did you know the Fire Department will unlock your car if you locked your keys AND your kids in the car? Yup, they will. And to keep it official, they'll even drive the huge, giant, bright red fire truck to your rescue in front of all the parents at your son's baseball game (without sirens, of course). I don't think it's in their job description to be careful about the paint job or the seals on your doors, but they'll get the job done. They'll even give firefighter hats to your kids when it's all over--maybe to relieve the trauma of being locked in a car for too long, or to further embarrass you as everyone asks where the kids got their cute hats! Sigh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah...I'm no longer the only one that's done this. A month or two ago I actually locked the baby in the car with the car RUNNING (I know, HOW???). I was a MESS (it was at least 85 degrees that day) but luckily got a locksmith there fast. Augh!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it all turned out okay and only a few red faces from embarrassment. But Shanny, this won't be the last time your children embarrass you. Wait till the teenage years. Then you'll look back on this and say what happened to those good old days.
ReplyDeleteI will second Judy's comments. You may have more kids Shanny, but I've had TWO teenagers in my possession so I outrank you on that one. Don't worry though, it's just a different kind of embarrassment. Just remember, if you're not out of your comfort zone, you're not growing.
ReplyDelete