Tuesday, December 29, 2009

All things Christmas: Part Two

We celebrated Christmas Eve with my side of the family--the afternoon at my dad's house, the evening with my mom, and my brothers all around and in between. The kids loved receiving gifts, of course, and I loved the food and good company. We also had exciting news when we found out my nephew, Sebastian, and his wife, Savannah, are expecting their first baby! That makes my brother a soon-to-be grandpa! Wow.


And, of course, we had to "discuss" the BYU Cougars' win over the Oregon State Beavers in the Las Vegas Bowl a few days earlier. My older brother being a loyal Beaver fan (he even flew down to the game) and we being Cougar alums--well, you can see where this is going. It isn't often I have the upper hand over my big brother. I had to take advantage of the opportunity! We gave him some good laughs and he was a good sport. I'll need to be cautious, however, should he choose to seek his revenge when I'm the least suspecting.




Christmas morning was full of excitement as the kids discovered what Santa brought. They were very excited about their gifts and we were very blessed this year. We enjoyed the day together--making messes, playing games, setting up toys, curling hair, and taking pictures. It's one of my favorite days of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment