I've never had a child attached to a stuffed animal, blankie, or toy....until now. Kyle loves his monkey. When it's time for bed, Monkey has to be with him. If he sees one of his siblings manhandling Monkey, WATCH OUT! Kyle will madly defend his safety.
So, imagine Kyle's desperation the other day when Monkey's arm fell off. Oh boy. Kyle sobbed with disappointment and worry.

Now, Monkey was already in a sorry state before his arm popped off. Some of you might remember the
story of how he was adopted into our family. He came from a shaky background, was abused and abandoned, and then rescued by our family last year. When we found him he was cold and dirty, his nose was gone, he had a hole blown into his cheek, and obviously his limbs were a little loose. We gave him a bath, warmed him up with some cocoa, and let him snuggle up with Kyle in bed. He's been there ever since.
With Monkey's arm popping off, I supposed it was a sign he needed some extra attention, so out came my needle and thread to make him as good as new. I reattached his arm, fixed the hole in his cheek, and gave him a new button nose. It was nothing a little plastic surgery couldn't fix. Now he looks as good as new....well, he looks good and loved, let's just say. I think his self-confidence has improved for sure. And Kyle's happy to have his friend back in one piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment