The kids were talking at the dinner table when I heard Karina say,
"The only things you can't see are germs and Jesus."
*****
Karina: "Mom, is that really right? Will Poltergeist make you pee in your pants?"
*****
When the situation continued to worsen, I picked up the phone to call Jason to help intervene (so I wouldn't have to make good on my threat). I saw the other kids scurry out of the way as I stomped down the hall in frustration. After the phone call was over, Dallin was calmed down, and I continued to get ready to leave, I overheard Grant and Kyle discussing whether our evening was to continue as planned or not. Kyle said to Grant, "I don't know if we're going or not." Then he held up his fingers as I had and said, "She said she was this far away from not going..... this far, or that far, I'm not sure which," as he adjusted his fingers from narrow to wide trying to get an exact measurement of my earlier threat.
No comments:
Post a Comment