Me: "Karina, please get down from Mariah's bed. You're not supposed to be up there."
Karina, in an excited, emphatic but not defiant, voice: "Mom, you can never stop me from going up there. I'm addicted! I'm serious. The only way to get me to stop is to spank me!"
***
The boys and I were having a conversation about babies being born. Grant asked me which baby of mine hardly cried when they were born (it was Dallin). A discussion ensued about why babies cry right after they're born. I reasoned it could be that they're scared, in a new environment, cold, etc. Kyle piped up and said, "Yeah, they're scared because they don't know even know us yet!" Born into a family of strangers.... it would make me cry!
***
Over pizza the other night Jason and I were having a political conversation about the current President of the United States. Dallin piped in with his opinion and called Mr. Obama, "Broccoli Obama."
***
The last few days I've been sick with the flu and the kids have been "on their own," so to speak. They have been very understanding and kind to me as I lay languishing on the couch and sleeping. As she patted my shoulder gently, Karina said to me, "Don't worry, Mama. You'll get better someday."
No comments:
Post a Comment