Lately, my kids have coined the phrase, "You just got poned!" I'm not sure where it came from or how it came about, but families of our size tend to create their own jargon for various situations and scenarios. Our family has a lot of "poning" situations since competition for even the simple things in life (like who's getting the first serving of dinner, or who gets the biggest piece of cake) is common.
The other night I was picking up Grant from basketball practice when a girl approached him and said, "Hey, Grant! Can you dribble two balls at the same time?" [Insert typical eight-year-old girly, cattiness.]
Grant replied nonchalantly, "Yeah," while dribbling his ball.
Then the girl shoved her basketball toward Grant and said, "Then do it!"
Smackdown!
Grant proceeded to successfully dribble two balls at the same time and passed the ball back to her. She walked away while another parent and I laughed over the situation. As we headed out the door, the girl yelled Grant's name again. We turned around to see her dribbling two balls at the same time.... while she was walking! She hollered, "Grant, betcha can't do this!"
Whoa hoa! We laughed some more as she grinned from ear to ear and Grant walked away. I said, "Grant, I think you just got poned!"
No comments:
Post a Comment