Sometimes it takes thirty-some years to realize
your mom has become (and has always been) one of your best friends.
Lately, I've reflected a lot on the special relationship I enjoy between me and my mom.
Since the day I was born, my mother has given me gifts.
Gifts of love and service.
Gifts of happiness and joy.
Gifts of kindness, charity, and sacrifice.
I'm certain I have taken more from her than she has received in return,
Gifts of happiness and joy.
Gifts of kindness, charity, and sacrifice.
I'm certain I have taken more from her than she has received in return,
and I am profoundly grateful for the things she has taught me throughout the years.
My mom gave me the gift of Confidence.
She has been my constant cheerleader.
Always telling me I can do what I didn't suppose I could--
instilling in me a deep sense of self-worth and certainty.
My mom gave me the gift of Service.
Every day my mom gave service to our family--through difficult times, through happy times,
through sad times, through it all. She was always there, serving her family.
For years I watched my mom serve others also--bringing a meal to someone sick,
caring for elderly friends who needed help, running errands for those who couldn't,
reaching out to those who need a lift from life's burdens.
Her example of service to others can hardly be matched and I find myself imitating her example as I feel the need to reach out to others as well.
My mom gave me the gift of Forgiveness.
Life is not easy. It is not perfect. Nor do others act perfectly.
In this, my mother has always been an example of forgiving others who have done wrong.
The forgiveness may not come easily. It may not come quickly. But she always does forgive.
What an example to me!
Seeing her become a better person for her forgiving ways has helped me see that I can also
overcome hurts and trials and offenses and be free from those burdens.
And when in my selfishness I may offend her, I know she will forgive me of my misgivings and mistakes.
What a comfort it is to know that my mother will always love me, in spite of my shortcomings.
My mom gave me the gift of a Positive Attitude.
Through life's twists and turns, my mom consistently chooses to see the good.
A positive attitude doesn't necessarily come naturally to her, but I have seen her work through painful and difficult situations and come out on the other end with a positive attitude.
I have witnessed her actively seek to find the good and gain something positive from her experiences.
To me, this is a testament of her mental willpower and faith, which I admire greatly.
My mom gave me the gift of Work.
My mother is not one to shirk from her duties.
Hard work is not a deterrent to her.
If something needs to be done, she'll roll up her sleeves and do it.
She is amongst the first to volunteer when help is needed.
She is the last to leave a gathering--cleaning up and making sure everything is back in its place.
I have been taught the value of work and that working hard
builds good character.
My mom gave me the gift of Faith.
She raised me to be faithful and hopeful in all things--
to trust in God and build a foundation in Christ.
She taught me to nurture my faith through obedience and love.
Her example of faith has given me strength in times of trial,
for which I am profoundly grateful.
All of these gifts are precious and priceless.
They have shaped me into the woman I am today,
and they continue to influence me as I develop and mold them further into my character.
I will forever be indebted to my mom,
and I will always honor her for the legacy of gifts she has shared.

What a beautiful tribute from a grateful and beautiful daughter. It brought tears to my eyes. I love you
ReplyDelete