It's true.
Mariah is officially a teenager.
Sigh.
Mariah planned her birthday party to include dinner with yummy hamburgers at Calamity Jane's and sweet treats for dessert at TCBY. She also wanted a scavenger hunt, which we held at Fred Meyer (a local grocery store). It was a fierce competition between Jason and the boys on Team Crusher and Mariah and her friends (and Karina) on Team We're Gonna Crush You All. I handed out the lists, gave each team a cart, and turned them loose (with strict instructions not to cheat and with a stink-eye-look to Jason to not take this competition too seriously and to go easy on the birthday girl).
Team We're Gonna Crush You All came in with the win, and they were quite pleased with themselves. It was fun to coordinate everything and to watch the teams zip by to gather the various items on their lists. Some tasks included taking pictures with certain items or purchasing something with money given them with their list. It was a lot of fun!
Mariah is certainly growing up and it seems there is nothing I can do to stop it. So, happy birthday to my horse-loving, soccer-playing, cat-mauling, pinterest-pinning, Sugar Daddy-loving, cookie-making, fashionista, smarty-pants girl. I wouldn't trade you for the world!
| Team Crusher! |
| Team We're Gonna Crush You All! |
Mariah is certainly growing up and it seems there is nothing I can do to stop it. So, happy birthday to my horse-loving, soccer-playing, cat-mauling, pinterest-pinning, Sugar Daddy-loving, cookie-making, fashionista, smarty-pants girl. I wouldn't trade you for the world!

No comments:
Post a Comment