Sunday, April 5, 2009

Farewell, my Maytag!

Aaahhh. My poor, little, not-so-old washing machine. If only I could sing your praises and say you did your duty well. But if you had, you would still be sitting in my laundry room washing away. Your life was so short-lived--only three and a half years. Alas, it was not meant to be! How I'll miss your super-squeaky agitation cycle and your occasional metal-grinding, gear stripping shrieks. And what will I do with all the money I'll save because I don't have to fix you every six months? Away to the scrap metal yard you go. May you be melted down and built into a new washer much like my new front-loader that is as quiet as a whisper and, hopefully, more reliable!

PS - I dare say the stocky, little old man in the Maytag commercials who has no work is now likely haggard and overworked because of the CRAPPY machines Maytag built a few years ago and which I bought! Who ever heard of a washer only lasting three years? May I never see another washer repair bill again!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like your washer and my fridge must have something going on between them!! (o: Though we still haven't been able to get a new fridge yet, dang it!! ~Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Maytag repairman in the commercials is dead, like your washer.

    ReplyDelete