Jason has lugged this shirt around for over a decade and has insisted on keeping it throughout the years. It's his "lucky shirt." He wore it in high school, college, and after. Now, it doesn't fit, is completely threadbare, and has built-in air conditioning from all the holes. Imagine my surprise when he came out of the bedroom the other day with a forlorn look on his face and said, "I guess it's time to get rid of my shirt." REALLY!
And so we say farewell to an era of Jason's life. Many memories were made while wearing this shirt. Bye-bye Guess Jeans USA!
And so we say farewell to an era of Jason's life. Many memories were made while wearing this shirt. Bye-bye Guess Jeans USA!
That is too funny! Aaron had a drawerful of shirts from his mission and teenage years that held sentimental value to him (and I hated each of them.)
ReplyDeleteI thought about getting rid of them while he was on deployments, but didn't have the heart to while he was gone.
I finally reached a moment of being tired of hauling them with us whenever we moved and told him he had two choices. I would make them into a quilt for him (each shirt is its own square) or we were throwing them out. (One choice really, lol)
He loves his new blankey.