Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The "other" man in my life

Yes, it's true. There is another man in my life. He is always there for me--supportive and loving. He treats me like a queen on my birthday, admires my children, and puts up with me when I tease him. He makes me laugh and steals my heart. And, to truly confess, we've been together for quite some time now.

Let me introduce you to my brother, Jason....




...he is my other best friend and I love him! I love the sound of his laugh when he laughs super hard, I love his ability to focus on a single person and make them feel listened to and important, I love the olive dip he makes (and his risotto, and his pulled pork, and mostly everything else he cooks), I love the integrity he shows in every area of his life, I love that he used to tickle and steamroll me to death when we were young, I love his sense of humor, I love that he respects me for who I am, and I love that he loves chocolate as much as I do. Happy birthday, my brother. And now you are STILL seven years older than I!

2 comments:

  1. You made me cry. Thanks. I guess you're just getting me back for all my big brother stunts huh? I love you.

    ReplyDelete