Monday, October 4, 2010

Another 10K in the bag

I participated in my second 10K walk of my career last weekend.  Did I train for it?  Nope.  I know, I'm pathetic.  I try to use these events to motivate myself to exercise more, but I don't put in much effort.  At least I participate, though.  I suppose I could bail out altogether. 

Anyway, the race was right here in our little town of Estacada--called The Best Dam Run, as it goes along the Clackamas River and passes three dams along the way.  It's really beautiful and I enjoyed it very much.

I tried to change my technique to see if I could gain some time from my last experience and I ended up shaving 48 seconds off my average from last time.  However, I'm no speed demon--I'm too embarrassed to state my average time.  Did I mention the person who won the walk was a 68 year old MAN????  Now that makes me feel great.

I did, however, accomplish something.  I finished 37th out of 103 total walk entrants, and I placed 1st in my age group of 30-34 year old women.  Woohoo!

I'll likely register for more 10Ks.  It's good for me to get out and push myself.  And, maybe, MAYBE I'll even start training for one and not only shave time off my average but also shave some weight off my hips!

1 comment: