Friday, October 29, 2010

It's official, I'm mobile!

I've survived this long without a cell phone.  It's not because I'm not tech savvy.  And I'm not archaic--just yet.  It just hasn't been a necessity until now.  But, alas, my life is to the point where I have kids who need to get ahold of me, schools who need to call on occasion, and life that needs to happen when I'm on the soccer field or in the car or at the gazillion other activities I do during the week.

So last night my sweet hubby brought home a phone for me.  And, he didn't just get me a phone with a number keypad, but he spoiled me with a smartphone!  Woohoo!  Although, I pledge here and now NOT to be one of those parents who is so involved with her phone she hardly looks up to watch her kids play ball or who misses out on the joy of watching her children play at the park because she's texting her high school buddies on Facebook. 

Technology is great.  But technology can suck the life out of you too.  All things in moderation...

1 comment:

  1. All things in moderation... even moderation Shanny.
    You needed a cell phone about 6 years ago by the way. Lisa and I can eat an entire dinner at a nice place and not even make eye contact or converse the entire time.

    ReplyDelete