Sunday, November 28, 2010

Kitchen essentials

Some things I can do without: fine china, a toaster oven, a food processor. But, this, I can't do without. This, no one should do without.


It's a cheese knife. Not just any cheese knife--a Cutco cheese knife. And I LOVE IT! All my life I've struggled to cut blocks of cheddar without practically chopping off fingertips or whacking the countertop when the knife breaks loose. But, with this knife, cutting cheese is like cutting butter. It's totally amazing.

I had to go without this baby for a few weeks as it was getting warrantied. It broke when it was being used as a spatula for rock-hard-stuck-to-the-pan rice krispy treats (hmmhmmmm, it wasn't me!). While it was gone, I sure missed it. Aaaahhhh, but now it's back and now I'm back in love with it. This is a tool every person should have in their kitchen. It's spendy, but worth it.

2 comments:

  1. you seriously don't have a food processor? mine broke a while back and it was an emergent, same-day, find whatever store is open NOW kind of replacement . . .
    on the other hand, I do not have a cutco cheese knife. I do have cutco kitchen shears (and a backup pair no one knows about, just in case something happens to the current pair). Maybe I've never missed it because my kids only eat peanut butter sandwiches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally had a similar cheese knife in my hand last weekend but I chose the Oxo wire cheese slicer instead... did I fail Shanny? I've never used a cheese knife so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. Convince me.

    ReplyDelete