Both Mariah and Grant played soccer this year. They had fun and learned a lot. I always love seeing my kids grow and succeed in a certain subject. Sports for our family is about learning new skills and having fun, with an emphasis on fun.
This year was Grant's first year playing soccer. He enjoyed it once he was on the field, but getting him there was another matter entirely. It's a familiar scene with Grant and I can see it might just be the way things are with him. Sigh. I love watching him play sports, though. He's so coordinated and capable. Everything physical comes easily for him. And he's so smiley and happy when he's playing. He's definitely in his element.
And let's not forget the all-important award at the end of the season. This is what the little kids live for in sports. The trophy!!! This year, the kids received soccer medals. They were so cute as the medals were hung around their necks!
This season was Mariah's second soccer season. She has grown and developed a TON in the sport. It has been a real joy to watch her and her teammates progress from last year to this. They understand the game so much better and they really worked hard together. Mariah moved from playing as a defender to consistently being a mid-fielder or forward. I'm so very proud of her work and progress. I hope she continues with the sport.
Sounds like the OSU Beaver girls soccer team has a new potential recruit!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, would you guys turn down a scholarship, even if it's your hated rival OSU?
I remember Sebastian got a letter of interest from the Ducks and he was all, "Booo! I'm not going there!"
I said, "If they're paying the bill... you're going to be a duck!"