I'm trying to get motivated. Really, I am.
It's a new year, a new start, yadda, yadda.
I have been feeling some of the freshness that comes with a new year. I'm excited again about teaching my class in church, I've started watching what I eat in order to shed a few pounds, I'm trying to clean out the house one drawer/cupboard/closet at a time. But the zest and ambition I felt last year during this time just ain't happenin'.
Last year I set a boat-load of goals for myself, which I rarely do. I look at the list now and see I only accomplished about one-sixth of my list. Pretty pathetic. Can I roll over goals to the next year?
Why was I feeling so ambitious then and not now? I still want to get things done, I just wonder where I can get some excitement and motivation about it?
Maybe instead setting goals, or recycling my old ones, I should set a motto that will help me move along the path I desire all the while helping me accomplish the goals I've set.
Like, "Action leads to more action."
Or, "Be anxiously engaged in a good cause (or two or three)."
Or, "Engage in life proactively; don't wait for life to act upon you!"
Or, "Get off your bum, you lazy girl, and DO SOMETHING!"
You know what helps me? I break my long term big goals into little chunks. I want to run a 5K in February, which means that I need to run three times this week, on a training program I found. All I think about is this week. I do the same thing with other goals. Break them down in bite-size pieces and then I don't choke on my own ambition.
ReplyDelete