This was my conversation with the boys tonight before bed:
Grant: Are you ever going to be a Grandma?
Me: Are you going to have kids?
Grant: Yes.
Me: Well, then I'm going to be a Grandma.
Dallin: I'm not gonna have kids.
Me: What do you mean, Dallin, that you're not going to have kids?
D (smiling): Never mind. I'll have kids.
Slight pause in conversation...
D: Mom, do kids just randomly come?
Me: Nooo.
D: Or are they something that Heavenly Father gives to you?
Me: Sort of. Heavenly Father makes it possible for us to have kids, but it has more to do with the choices we make to have children.
D: What do you mean?
Me: When you marry a girl and have her as your wife, then you do special things to make babies together.
D &; G: What kind of things? Like being nice to each other?
Me (chuckling to myself): Yup, like being nice.
K: And going on dates?
Me: Yup, going on dates.
D: Then no wonder you have so many kids!
Me: Why?
D: Because Dad's really nice and takes you on lots of dates!
No comments:
Post a Comment