Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Growing into a lady




What is it about being 11 that turns you from little girl to young lady?  Whatever it is, it's happening to Mariah.  She has matured so much in the past few months and I love the young lady I see emerging. 

For her birthday, Mariah requested a camping party.  We set up tents in the yard, one for her and her friends, another for her brothers.  We got out the shade canopy and camping chairs.  We barbequed hamburgers and hot dogs and before bed we roasted marshmallows and ate smores.  Jason brought home silly string and glow-in-the-dark necklaces for nighttime.  It was a really fun party!



 

For whatever reason, Karina didn't think the silly string war was much fun.  I'm not sure what she thought it was going to be like, but as soon as the string started flyin', she started cryin'.

I'm looking forward to what the future has to bring for Mariah.  She is growing and changing, learning and maturing.  It's exciting to see her develop into something more beautiful as each year passes.

1 comment:

  1. She is so grown up! Holy cow, I remember her toddling around our apartment right before we left for Mississippi. Feels like a million years ago.

    ReplyDelete