Monday, October 24, 2011

Bye, bye kitchen

Bye, bye kitchen.

It has been a love / hate relationship for us.  

I've loved your functionality, your convenience, and your reliability.  Because, let's be honest, who can survive without a kitchen in the house?  It's not like your a disposable commodity.  You had to be there for me; you always were.

But, I've hated your style and lack of personality.  You're outdated, drab, and, well, just plain ugly.  You never inspired me, nor made me smile.  And in the end, you started to turn on me--breaking drawers and refusing to keep your doors closed.

So, we must part ways.  It's true.  I've already replaced you.  As soon as you exit the room, the new kitchen will be coming through the door.  It'll be painful for you, I know.  But don't worry, we'll find a new home for part of you in the shop on our new property.  Maybe you'll enjoy the change of scenery.  Rest assured, you've lived a good life.  You could think of this as your retirement.  You've been put out to pasture, so to speak.

And maybe your hurt will be lessened knowing I will be suffering trying to feed a family of seven with no kitchen in the house.  We'll limp along with our friends George Foreman, Mr. GE Microwave, and Dr. BBQ Grill for awhile.  Oh, and don't forget Grandma Crockpot.  She'll be helping out as well.  But it won't be a picnic around here until the new kitchen is settled in.

You know, my kitchen, it's hard.  But some relationships just can't last forever.  It's time to move on.  Be assured you served your purpose well and all things must come to an end.  So, adios mi cocina.  Adios.




2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see what you'll have at the end of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm looking forward to the 'after' pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete