Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Other Parents

These people.

I love these people.


They have known me since I was tiny.

They have loved me through thick and thin.

They let me stay at their house for days on end, eating their food, playing with their animals, 
watching their movies, riding their horses, climbing their trees.

They let me claim one of their kitty cats as my own.

They let me pile into their big green Bronco with their brood of kids 
so we could bombard the grocery store candy aisle with our allowance money.

They put up with me when I was an ornery teenager.

They helped me out of many situations when my clumsiness illustrated itself.

They let me call them Mom and Pop (still do).

They called me their other daughter (still do).

They listened to me tell stories and chatter endlessly at the kitchen table 
while they drank coffee and read the newspaper.  
They even laughed at my stories.

They always, always made me feel loved.

Did I mention I love these people?

I do.  I truly do.


No comments:

Post a Comment