Dallin ran into the house the other day and, holding out a colored plastic Easter egg in his hand, said, "Here, Mom. This is for you. It has something special inside."
I would have completely fallen for this--the kids have been bringing me flowers from outside a lot lately--except for the look on Dal's face. He was way too eager to see me open my special egg and his eyes were lit up with excitement. I considered, for a moment, entertaining him until I realized his expression also included hints of something I've seen before when he has tried to freak me out with a spider or bug.
"Uh, no thanks, Dub," I replied and shuddered as I imagined opening the egg and a spider running up my arm. And then I shuddered as I imagined the day I'll no longer be able to read his face like a book and he'll be able to scare the years off me with his "surprises." Heaven help me then!
No comments:
Post a Comment