This quote I read the other day sums up my goal and experience so far:
"We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes and truly see the things that matter most. Strength comes not from frantic activity but from being settled on a firm foundation of truth and light. It comes from paying attention to the divine things that matter most. Diligently doing the things that matter most will lead us to the Savior of the World." Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf
It is still a task for me to keep this attitude every single day, but I have noticed a heightened awareness of my surroundings than I had before. I'm grateful for this challenge and look forward to continuing it in the latter half of this year.
Here are my July joys:
- Meeting new cousins, Nicky and Shaun and kids, and forming a new family bond. I can't wait to spend more time with them!
- Watching my kids enjoy themselves as they worked together to help with a product booth for the business at a car show. They were eager to help and had fun doing it.
- Observing Jason as he grows in confidence, both personally and professionally. I am so proud of him and his hard, hard, hard work.
- Playing with Twig and watching her chase her own tail. Does she know it's her own tail and that she's the one moving it? It's a mystery.
- Following my brother and sister-in-law's adventures as they travel around Europe with their family. I'm so glad they were able to have the opportunity to create such amazing memories.
- Spending a beautiful evening with good friends whom I admire and love so very much.
- Attending a day of Cub Scout Camp with Dallin and Grant. It was fun to see them try new things and enjoy them. They were well behaved and we had tons of fun!
- Watching Mariah overcome her fears as she spoke in church and did so beautifully.
- Taking the time to recognize the happiness and strength in Karina's personality. She is full of power and strength and will. I love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment