I have enjoyed seeing this girl grow and mature lately. She is overflowing with strength and determination and is a force to be reckoned with. Her nickname given to her by Uncle Jason--Hurricane Karina-- fits her well. Fortunately, her strong traits have been illustrated in a joyous manner lately, which has been absolutely delightful to experience.
Karina turns five today. It's a big milestone, for her and for me. With her growing maturity, I find myself transitioning from a mom of toddlers and youngsters to a mom with more self-sufficient and independent kids. It's a refreshing change and I'm rather enjoying it.
Karina is excited to start kindergarten and I'm looking forward to seeing her grow and develop in that particular setting. I'm relieved that her determined spirit has settled into something more pleasant, and I'm confident she will do better in social settings than she has in the past.
With her fierce determination and drive, it will be an adventure to watch her grow in the coming years. And if she's the natural disaster I must face, I'm sure this Hurricane will be worth it. Happy birthday, my little wind storm.
No comments:
Post a Comment