Monday, June 10, 2013

A writer is born

It's always fun to see my children learn to read and write.  Suddenly, with these new skills, they are able to express themselves in ways that weren't available to them before.  It's a double-edged sword, sometimes, though.  With new abilities come new limits and boundaries that must be pushed (by the child) and set (by the parent).

Karina has been taught well in her kindergarten class to write.  She sounds out words she may not know how to spell and writes them down as she goes.  Now I find treasures of her expression in notes around the house.  Below are her latest forms of "expression."

"I like mariah because she has a doot fl swien soot."
Translation:  I like Mariah because she has a beautiful swimming suit.



"Did you no erve dude in my sool is a dut hed."
Translation:  Did you know every body in my school is a butt head?
Yeah.  She's pushing the boundaries here with her language.  Mom will set some boundaries!

And her last one I found after she had been sent to her room for being naughty.
It said, "You dot cer ubawt me.  And so it mad me sed to.  Me."
Translation:  You don't care about me.  And so it made me sad too.  Me.

It'll be interesting to see what other writings we find from Miss Karina!


No comments:

Post a Comment