Saturday, June 8, 2013

I know it's summer when....

... I don't have to wear my slippers around the house anymore so my feet don't get cold.

... I don't have to wear my sweater every day to stay warm.  

... I don't have to argue with Jason to close the window at night because it makes me cold.  

... I can take a longer shower using lukewarm water instead of trying to warm up with blazing hot water.
Do you see a pattern here?

... It's still light outside when it's time for the kids to go to bed at 9pm.

... My cravings for hot chocolate are replaced with cravings for slushies.

... I want to sit outside and soak up vitamin D every chance I get.

... the kids complain when it's 75 degrees outside that it's too hot.

... I get my first sunburn of the season.  This year it was on my shins!

... "the daily fan routine" starts.  
In order to keep the house as cool as possible throughout the day, we have developed an intricate routine of windows closing, blinds and curtains being drawn during the day, windows reopened, fans powered on, air circulated throughout the house at night, repeat.

... smells of barbecued meat waft through the neighborhood on any given evening.

... mosquito bites abound.



No comments:

Post a Comment