Remember when I started this blog? I highlighted my superhero children in several posts.
Well, their superhero training hasn't stopped over the years and I thought it time for some updates on their superhero progress. Up first, Double D!
*********************************
This boy.
Well, their superhero training hasn't stopped over the years and I thought it time for some updates on their superhero progress. Up first, Double D!
*********************************
This boy.
This boy is metamorphosing.
He is shedding his childhood skin and emerging a new creature.
He is developing into something wonderful.
This boy is amazing.
| The above two pics were taken by my AWESOME cousin, Nicole Kraus. Find her on Facebook at Nicole Kraus Photography. |
Skills currently being mastered:
Responsibility
Dub's Superhero Masterina (Mom) has also noticed an increased willingness in him to help around the house and be responsible for taking care of his siblings, helping with dinner, having a good attitude when asked to help, etc. The other day, we were talking about being responsible and Dub said something truly profound. He said, "A lot of people are counting on me to get things done lately. I've been feeling pressure to be responsible for a lot of things. And I like it!"
Work
Dub has entered into work training at his Superhero Master's (Dad's) business. His work duties include mopping and sweeping the floors, cleaning grease spots from the floor tiles, scrubbing the bathrooms, and dusting the showroom. He is learning to work hard and to enjoy the reward of a small paycheck when it's all finished.
Encouragement/Support Skills
Recently, Dub has illustrated his ability to help others and be a cheerleader and a mentor for them when they are feeling unsure of themselves or need extra support. This summer, Karina wanted terribly to jump off the diving board at Grandma's pool, but she was having difficulty finding the courage to do so. After much prodding, coaxing, helping from Mom, Grandma, brothers, and sisters, she still couldn't find strength to do it. Long after everyone else had moved on, Dallin remained with Karina--encouraging her and using kindness and patience to help her find confidence. After a long while, Karina was finally able to jump! I credit Dallin for having the patience to stay with her and help her achieve success.
I've also witnessed Dallin step up and help his brother Kyle with his math homework--explaining how to do certain problems and helping him finish the task. I appreciate seeing Dallin use his skills of patience and kindness to help others. These are most definitely superhero qualities!
And........ lest you begin to worry that Dub's more mature traits are edging out his supernatural abilities to be silly and have fun--worry no more! Dub still has his goofy, silly, fun powers which enable him to make us laugh and roll our eyes at his silliness. May he never lose his ability to have fun no matter where he is in life!
No comments:
Post a Comment