The past few weeks I've been helping Jason down at the shop. We made some recent personnel changes in late 2013, which left him swamped in paperwork. With no end in sight, he asked if I would come down and play "secretary" for a while. So, I've been learning about purchase orders, sales invoices, receipts, reconciling, part numbers, etc. I'm getting a handle on things and have been enjoying myself so far. I like feeling that I'm making a difference.
I'm not sure how long I'll stay working. So far I've been able to juggle everything I need to and I haven't felt too overwhelmed. I'm sure it won't stay like that forever, so we'll take it a week at a time. Until then, my 10-key skills are improving every day, I've memorized several general ledger accounts, and I know the part codes for RallyArmor mud flaps. Yay me!
No comments:
Post a Comment