I learned that most people are much more busy in the spring than they are in the fall. It was a challenge to get the choir members to be consistent in their attendance, which can be disheartening for me and for the other members who come regularly. In the end it all worked out, even though we were a smaller group than during the Christmas season.
I also learned not to pick out "simple" songs in minor keys, thinking that it will be an easy, quick song to learn for the choir. It was easy to learn, but not easy to make sound good. Sigh. Oh well.
But I also learned that even when I'm unsure of myself and of my ability to put together a fluid, cohesive program that is both pleasing to the ear, to the mind, and to the Lord, I am sustained by the powers of heaven in my efforts. And, I suppose, that makes all the worry and work worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment