Monday, July 13, 2009

Life without kids...

So, what did I do with my time without kids? Well, I had a To-Do list a mile long. There are a gajillion things I normally put off because doing them with five children in tow is just too overwhelming. I only finished about 1/4 of my list, but since it was so huge to begin with, that's actually quite a bit! Here are a few things I checked off:

First, Karina and I painted our toenails. It was Karina's first pedicure. (Okay, this wasn't on my list but it was still fun!)



A friend brought me two buckets of fresh, ripe cherries so I got to work pitting and processing! I froze most of them and canned the rest. It was a lot more work than I was wanting to spend on food storage during that week, but when fruit is free, I don't complain!



I worked on my wall photo collage that has been halfway completed for....(mumble, mumble)..... uh ..... way too long. My friends started teasing me about the beautiful people in the frames who had "5x7" and "8x10" written across their faces. Well, now my actual family members are in the frames for everyone to enjoy!



I finally bought a curtain rod and curtains for our front window. How many years have we been in the house with no window treatments? Don't ask. I think I fretted over choosing the right style, color, etc. I definitely analyze this sort of thing WAY too much, so this was difficult for me. I finally just buckled down and got serious. I figured I could buy a color I liked in the store, hang it up, and if I didn't like it, take it back! What a concept, eh? Once I got everything up and saw the beautiful red curtains I said to myself, "What the heck, Shannon? Why didn't you do this years ago?" They are beautiful and I love them!




I also resealed our bathroom countertop, painted the windowsills in the living room (they were horribly dirty from pudgy, little fingers), partially cleaned the garage, and organized our back patio. The garage and patio still have a lot of work but at least their improved! Overall, I'm pretty pleased with what I accomplished. It was a fun, productive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment