We went to a friend's house on Monday to escape the heat in her pool and it was heavenly! Grant couldn't get in but sat on the step and splashed his feet...then his knees...then his belly...if you know Grant you know he will push the limits until he's in all the way! He's the type of kid who will have a forbidden cupcake in front of him and say, "I'm just going to look at it." Then, ten minutes later he'll be covered in chocolate and say, "I didn't eat it!" So, after all of his clothes were soaking wet, I decided to strip him down and have him in his underwear so he wouldn't get his cast wet. At one point, he almost fell in when the ladder fell over because of the whirlpool we were making! (That was Mommy's fault--I like making whirlpools! I can just imagine having to visit the doctor to get his cast replaced and admitting I made him fall in the water because of my childish ways!)
Yesterday we went into town to get the kids' pictures taken and then we hung out at Toys R Us to stay cool. My car has awesome air conditioning so it was nice to drive around too. I'm not sure what we'll do today--maybe go play in the sprinkler at my mom's or find a creek somewhere to splash in.
Something interesting I've noticed throughout this time--Why is it children don't register temperature changes like we do? Last night, it was still 85 degrees at 10:30pm and Grant insisted on wearing long-sleeved, long-legged pajamas to bed. He wouldn't listen to me telling him it would be too hot. Sure enough, after two minutes in bed he was stripping them off! And getting into bed, Kyle insisted on having a blanket on his body and it was burning hot! Silly kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment