This is what boy cousins do when they get together....
We went to Idaho to visit my cousin and her husband, Candy and Robert, and their two boys, Taylor and Joey. Our children had never really met each other and once they got the two minutes of shyness out of them, they were off and having a good time.
Candy and I grew up together and were the best of friends (actually we still are) whenever our family would visit the Barkers in Idaho several times a year. Unfortunately, now that I have a family of my own we hardly ever go to Idaho to visit the Barker side of the family. After the weekend we spent together, however, that will change. I realized how much I miss my extended family and that I need to make it a priority to visit with them more often. And, as Candy said, "Now that my kids know that your kids exist, they'll be bugging us to get together more often!" Ditto.
No comments:
Post a Comment