I love opportunities to give to others, don't you? It is so rewarding, so gratifying, and so humbling.
Late last year I was introduced by a friend of mine to a lovely young family who was expecting their fifth baby. All babies are special, but this baby was especially unique. He would be born with a congenital heart defect. I began following their story through their family blog and was impressed by their strength, their faith, and their love for life and the challenges it would bring.
Little baby Kimble was born in November 2009. Doctors, nurses, family members, friends, all rallyed together to help Kimble get a strong start to life and so far they have been successful. He is growing, happy, and is the chunkiest little brown-eyed baby you've ever seen.
During his time in the Denver Children's Hospital, Kimble's family was richly blessed by the love and support they received there. Now, Kimble's mother has joined forces with two other women and their babies to give back to the hospital. They have organized a project called Colorado Cuddles From the Heart and are asking for donations of blankets to supply to the Children's Hospital.
When I heard about this, I jumped at the opportunity. I'm so excited to help in this endeavor. In fact, I'll be organizing the young girls in my church to help with the project.
If you're interested in joining me, check out the Colorado Cuddles from the Heart website: http://mygratefulheart.wordpress.com. You can read more about the babies and their mothers who are sponsoring the project. It also gives information on where to send donations.
This is a wonderful opportunity to help families who need a bit of extra love and support during a difficult time. Join me, it'll make your day!
Thanks, Shannon! This is awesome! I know Shaina and her family will appreciate your efforts so much!
ReplyDelete