Friday, May 21, 2010

Who can garden in such nonsense?

The weather hasn't been cooperating with gardening this year. It keeps raining and cooling down and being crazy. However, I did take advantage of a nice, dry, warm stretch of weather we had last week and got busy planting.

I planted and hung my hanging baskets. I am SO excited about them. It makes me happy to see them every day when I pull into the driveway. We also have a new basket under the window of our garden shed. It's going to be gorgeous when the plants fill in.

I also got my basil planted and ready to grow for the summer. I am SO excited about that too. I love, love, love fresh basil!

I was also able to harvest our first patch of radishes, which were quite tasty. The kids loved pulling them up (and I did too!). It's raining and cold again this week, so I'll continue to harvest my lettuce and spinach and wait for the other veggies to catch up. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment