Thursday, October 14, 2010

Confessions

Do you ever feel like you haven't grown up yet?  My mind seems to be about 5 to 7 years behind my physical body, sometimes even more. 

I was never good at making my bed when I was growing up.  It was something my mom didn't make me do all the time.  So, I haven't really developed that habit, even during marriage.  Please don't judge me. 

I feel like I keep my house fairly organized and clean amidst the chaos of five small children and a husband.  But it hasn't been until recently I've discovered the satisfaction of having a bed that's made every day.  Now when I go into my room with the bed unmade, I can hardly stand it.  How did I ever not make it before?  It only takes 30 seconds and it makes such a difference. 

Sigh.  Maybe I'm finally growing up.

3 comments:

  1. don't feel bad. I was terrible about it until I married someone who was a compulsive bedmaker. Now I can't stand it unmade either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a compulsive bed maker. What I wish I was more compulsive about is clothes on the floor. I am awful about picking up my clothes. But my bed always looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Shannon! Bed making is a recent discovery. I also just decided to pay Dish Network another $12 a month so we get satellite service in the living room so NO ONE EXCEPT ME can watch TV in my room. It's completely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete