Dear Tomatoes from my Garden:
Is there anything as wonderful tasting as you? Oh, yes. Fresh basil AND you. You are a perfect pair. I love you.
Lovingly yours,
Addicted to yo flava
Dear Husband:
Do you know how much I appreciate how diligently you work for our family? I am so grateful for a husband who takes his responsibilities so seriously. You are a wonderful father, husband, and friend.
Eternally yours,
Your wife
Dear Baskin Robbins:
Aahhhh, aaahhahh, aaaaaaaahhh. Those are angels from heaven singing as I revel in the deliciousness of your peppermint ice cream. Did you know they appear every time I eat it? And no one, I mean NO ONE, has as pepperminty an ice cream as yours. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Refreshingly yours,
A grateful customer
Dear Truck Driver on the Highway:
Thank you for appeasing my crazy children as they waved their arms at you out the car windows and frantically signaled for you to "pull" your horn. When your horn sounded they thought they were so clever and laughed and laughed. It was the highlight of their day.
Sincerely,
A grateful mother who was a bit embarrassed
Dear Kitchen and Dining Room Floors:
I'm sorry you're so neglected and I realize you're used and abused. You must get tired of dirt being ground into you by muddy feet, run over and over and over with indoor scooters, trounced upon by kids on bouncy balls, and leftover dinner scraps left to dry on your surface. Cleaning you is not my favorite activity, although every time I do it I wonder what is the big deal. It's all in my head. Anyway, I'll try to take better care of you. And someday, someday soon you will get a refinished coat to make you new and beautiful. Think of it as plastic surgery. Lucky.
Neglectfully yours,
Your owner and keeper
Dear Umbrella That I Don't Have:
I know you're waiting at the store for me to come buy you. I've always prided myself on being a true Oregonian and not needed an umbrella, even when it rains. But, after standing beside a soccer field for an hour and a half in the pouring, drenching rain, I can justify owning you now. My eyes have been opened to your usefulness. I'll be there soon....
Sincerely,
A wet, wet mother with 5 wet, wet kids
Great letters! Can't wait for Part 3.
ReplyDelete