After reading a bit together, I left him to attend to other things. After awhile I came back into the dining room and beheld a sight I had never seen before...
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
I'll take it
This boy's reading abilities have shot through the roof the last half of this school year. It has been wonderful to see his progress. He came home the other day with a "real chapter book"--Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Grant was so excited to have his own, big, funny book to read--and he was among the first in his class to have the priviledge.
After reading a bit together, I left him to attend to other things. After awhile I came back into the dining room and beheld a sight I had never seen before...
.... Grant was completely engaged, reading the book on his own, and enjoying it! For a boy who would rather climb trees and ride his bike than have to do any more homework than was absolutely necessary, this is a miracle. And I'll take it!
After reading a bit together, I left him to attend to other things. After awhile I came back into the dining room and beheld a sight I had never seen before...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment