Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First day

The kids were fairly excited about school to start.  Actually, I don't know "excited" is the right word.  It was more like a mixture of "resigned" and "anxious."


Of all the kids, Kyle was likely the most excited since this marks his first year of school ever.  But if you know Kyle, you know that "excited" for him is still pretty mellow.  He waited patiently until after lunch to go to his afternoon session of half-day kindergarten.  When I left him in the classroom, he was perfectly content playing with a box of Mr. Potato Heads.  He gave me a hug and said, "Bye, bye, Mama," in his sweet, quiet, raspy voice.  I love that kid.


It will be exciting to see what the school year brings for each of my babies.  They are all in such different stages of life.  I'm looking forward to seeing them grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment