I found this in Dallin's school folder the other day and loved it. Here's a little insight into the boy, Dallin, which he wrote himself.
Dallin
Goofy
Son of Jason, Shannon
Brother of Mariah, Grant, Kyle, Karina
Lover of turtles, AWOL Nation, monkeys
Who feels happy, bored, tired
Who finds happiness in pain, BMX, baseball
Who needs candy, cars, firecrackers
Who gives help, service, time
Who fears the end of the world, house broken into, toys getting stolen
Who would like to see The Eiffel Tower, Rome Italy, the Gulf of Mexico
Who enjoys Disneyland, Sea World, Knotts Berry Farm
Who likes to wear green, red, blue
Resident of Estacada, Shafford Avenue
Richards
I wonder how much of this was influenced by whomever he was sitting next to or by ideas his teacher gave him. I'm pretty sure we've never, ever discussed anything about the Gulf of Mexico and I've never seen evidence of him finding happiness in pain. But, the rest of his poem seems pretty accurate. I'm glad he was willing to share a bit about himself with others. It's fun to see him write about himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment