Sunday, September 30, 2012

September of Joy


  • The feeling that came with being free from kids for my first time ever during school was very liberating.  I thoroughly enjoyed some girl time with good friends as we went out to breakfast after dropping off our kids.  Yipee!
  • Helping a good friend with her daughter's wedding.  It was a fun and busy week full of joy and rejoicing.  I was grateful to be a part of it all.
  • Visiting with my high school English teacher who lives in my town.  It's a wonderful thing to be taught by a strong, intelligent woman who truly cares about her students.  And how do I know she cares?  Because even 16 years later, she is still interested in my life and success and calls me a friend.  
  • Helping a dear friend get started on his genealogy.  I love helping others with family history.
  • Opening the new shop!  It's official--we're in business in our new location.  Boxes, parts, and tools are still being organized and such, but we're happy to have made the move and excited to move forward.
  • Starting our church Christmas choir practices--yay!  Who doesn't love Christmas music?  I've found some wonderful pieces for our choir to sing and I'm excited to begin this new adventure.  The prospect of organizing two Christmas programs is a bit daunting, but I'm up for the task.  
  • Helping a friend and her family pack their belongings to move to Idaho.  It wasn't necessarily a joyous occasion to see them leave, but my heart is happy for their new adventure.  It will be a time of growth and joy for their family and I'm excited to see where this new road takes them.  It was a blessing to be able to spend so much time with her and lift her in her time of need.
  • Watching my kids play soccer and enjoy it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment