This is integrity. Illustrated. Rewarded.
Date: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:20 PM
To: Rendell Frunk
Subject: Mariah Richards
Drear Mr. Frunk,
Hello, this is Mariah Richards. I am contacting you concerning my grade. In power school you graded the June concert. My grade was a 4/4, this means I came and participated in the concert. Except, I did not make it to the June concert. Sadly, our family was very busy that day and I forgot about the concert until it was too late. The official grade should be a B because I missed the concert. Even though I wanted straight A's I feel it is honest to tell you about the misunderstanding. Please let me know what you decide.
Your Student, Mariah Richards
Mariah, thank you so much for your honesty. The attendance sheet had some errors and I was afraid that I would give someone an incorrect grade so I decided to give everyone full credit for the concert. Your honesty is very encouraging and I really appreciate you contacting me. Based on the inaccurate attendance record I have it would be unfair to single you out and reduce your grade so I will be leaving your grade as an "A".
Have a good summer. :)
Mr. Frunk
I'm proud of my girl for her decision to choose honesty in a difficult situation, and I'm grateful for the way she was rewarded. I know not every honest decision she makes in the future will be rewarded or even recognized, but I hope this experience strengthens her to continue making good choices and to understand that good character is more important than good grades (or other things we think are important at the time).
Mariah, what a beautiful young lady you are turning out to be. I always knew you were beautiful, but now after reading your decision to reveal the inaccurate grade to your teacher, you are beautiful on the inside too.
ReplyDeleteThose are called extra bonus points in heaven.
Love you so much
Aunt Judy