Friday, September 11, 2009

Tapioca pudding

The other night the kids found my bag of tapioca in the dark recesses of my cupboard and spilled it all over the floor. After that, I got a hankering for good ol' fashioned tapioca pudding, so I decided to make some. My mom used to make it when I was a kid and I've always liked it. It's just yummy!

I spent the next hour over the stove stirring and stirring and stirring. Soon, beautiful, homemade tapioca pudding was in little bowls for everyone to eat. I thought the kids would love it, but one by one, they each left the table after having only taken a bite or two.

I asked Dallin why he didn't like the pudding and he said, "I liked the taste of it, Mom, but I didn't like the pebbles in it." Oh well, it just left more for me!

1 comment:

  1. Good old tapioca pudding, just like Mom used to make. I love it too Shanny, but I like the "pebbles" a lot! They make extra large tapioca that I really like. I just don't make it very often because I end up eating it all myself in one sitting. I mean really, who can only have one small bowl of fresh, hot tapioca then put the rest in the fridge for later?

    ReplyDelete