Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February of Joy

Trying to keep true to my goal, here is a log of my February of Joy:
  • Seeing Grant in his Scout uniform for the first time.  He looked so adorable and little.
  • Feeling the love and support of my fellow church members as they helped me by singing in the choir this month.  It was my first time to direct our church choir and I was feeling nervous and inadequate, but my dear friends were such a support to me.  I could feel their positive energy flowing toward me as I stood in front of them and tried my best.  In that few minutes, I learned that we learn by doing.  If we never take that step outside our comfort zone and try something new, we will never learn and grow. 
  • Losing 4 pounds.  
  • Watching Mariah learn and grow as she earned money with her bake sale to pay her own way to camp and outdoor school.  I loved seeing her work hard, be excited to do it, and reap the rewards.
  • Watching my husband get completely involved in becoming Captain CTR (Choose the Right) for the primary children in our church.  He is in his truest form when he is playing with children and uninhibited in doing so.
  • Watching the faces of the adults in the room as my husband entered as Captain CTR.  This was a side of Jason they had never before witnessed and the evidence was obvious by their looks of astonishment and  shock as their previous opinions of Jason were blown apart.
  • Going to the dentist for the first time in over a decade.  

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful list! Makes me want to make one of my own.

    ReplyDelete