I always love watching the kids as they experience a new environment, especially one as raucous and fun as a competitive sports event. Our kids tend to be more quiet and observant of what's happening around them--at first, anyway. Then, as they get used to what is going on they start to join in the fun. We had many other families surrounding us in the stands and several kids in front of us were heading up chants and cheers to get the crowd going. I thought it adorable that the kids were so understanding of the game and willing to participate as fans.
It was an entertaining game, as the teams stayed close together in points until the end when BYU finally pulled away and won. Yay for the Cougars!
It was a successful evening, even though I didn't bring enough snacks and water to last us through the game. We were all ravenously hungry by the end of the night. I do think next time, however, we'll leave Karina at home. She decided twice to take her four-year-old self out of the gymnasium to get a drink. Yes, she's quite independent and very willing to do things defiantly if it will get our attention. Sigh. I guess basketball isn't her thing.... yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment