Monday, February 6, 2012

Letters to my posterity #1

Dear Mariah:

Aahhh, my eldest child.  You have such high expectations placed on your head.  You fulfill them well.  I am proud of you, my beautiful daughter.

You are growing into such a pristine young lady.  You like to do your hair and nails, wear matching clothes, and have pretty things.  You have your own sense of style that is classy with a little bit of cute and femininity.  I like it.

You are impeccably responsible in your school work and responsibilities.  You are beginning to find joy in your academic success, which comes easily to you.  I am grateful you see this blessing in your life and that you are choosing to nurture it.  It will reward you well in the years to come.

I want to see you grow more in confidence and initiative.  You are so capable, so intelligent, so elect.  Do you see that in yourself?  Do you know your potential is a million times higher than you ever dream?  I have seen that when you set your mind to accomplish something, the accomplishment naturally (and easily) follows.  Again and again I have witnessed this pattern in your life, but sometimes you forget to initiate the pattern.  Keep setting your mind to higher things, my daughter.  You will accomplish them.

I am so pleased to be your mother.  I love you so very much and am grateful for your good choices, your significant role in our family, and your beautiful spirit.  You teach me to be a better mother.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment