I had a "kairos" moment yesterday when time stopped as I looked at you and realized you're turning 8 years old yet you still seem like a tiny boy. Why can't my mind keep up with your age? Will you always be so young to me? I'm sorry you're always in the shadow of your older siblings. You are, indeed, the middle child.
Your personality, my love, is vibrant and youthful. I love that about you. You are all about the fun in life. Your eyes sparkle when you see something thrilling or mischievous or humorous and I see your desire to recreate the moment yourself. And, although you revel in dare-devilish activities, you possess just the right amount of cautiousness to keep you safe--most of the time.
You possess great physical talents and you love to develop them into ninja-moves, superman flying on the rope swing, break dancing on the kitchen floor, and other such antics. You love to jump over the piano bench, front flip onto pillows, and cartwheel down the hallway. You are in your element when you are physically active and you bond with others when they are participating with you.
You have an endearing sense of humor and you like to make people laugh. I've watched you in school and other social settings and I've seen that you enjoy being the jokester with your friends, especially the ladies.
Inside all of your energy and creativity is a sweet, sensitive, tender heart that truly cares about others. When you are feeling loved, you freely give that love to others. When you are not feeling fulfilled, however, you cover your heart with prickly words and harsh defensiveness. I'm working to find ways to make certain you are fulfilled so you can confidently show your love to everyone around you.
I love you, Grant. I love your free spirit. I love your crystal-blue eyes and soft skin. I love the joy you bring me and the ways you teach me to be a better mom. You challenge me in new ways and I'm grateful for it. Be happy. Be loving. Be mine.
Love--Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment