Dear TV-series-I'm-ashamed-to-tell-people-I'm-addicted-to:
Why must you suck me in? Even amidst all the crazy, unbelievable twists and turns of your plot, I stay awake at night and watch your crazy episodes. I keep sighing and saying, "Oh, that's so ridiculous!" but by the end of the episode, I'm sucked into watching the next just to see what happens. You're well written, in that regard. I have promised to stay away after I finish season three. No more. I need my sleep. And my sanity.
A girl who likes realistic shows but is now addicted to a completely unrealistic drama
Dear Lindt:
You have created heaven in a pretty foil wrapper. Why can't I eat just one of your Lindor Truffles? So smooth, so rich, so melty-in-my-mouth. Even your white chocolate, which I usually despise and don't even like to call chocolate, is heavenly. I had to tell my husband today to please stop buying me bags of them because I can't stop eating them once I start. A bag that is supposed to last a month or so only lasts me days. It looks like I'll have to ban from myself from you in order to save myself from certain obesity.
Seriously addicted
Dear Facebook:
Over the past year or so you've dwindled my news feed to only a handful of my friends. Why is that? Why can't I see more posts from people I really care about? It's annoying and exhausting to keep up with your constant changes and filters and privacy policies. I prowl around searching for any sort of substantive posts from friends, but it's becoming more and more challenging to find them. For now you'll remain a part of my daily news ritual, but I'd sure like it to be more meaningful.
Your billionth subscriber who may need to unsubscribe
Dear Facebook Friends:
What happened to the Facebook I originally signed up for? You know, the one where I got to see what you were up to on a day-to-day basis, or what vacation you were enjoying, or what big news you had in your life. The one where I felt like I was in touch with the happenings of people far away. Now all I see are political opinions smattered on walls, social agendas shouted out for debate, religious issues being bantered back and forth, oodles of comics, quotes, sayings, and videos, blah, blah, blah. Have we forgotten that staying in touch means sharing meaningful information with one another that helps further our personal relationships? It's almost like it's too easy to throw our personal agendas out there for all to see/like/unlike/comment/share that we do it haphazardly and repetitively just so we can have something to post every day. I don't mind an occasional post about the aforementioned things, but once you've made your opinion known, let's move on! I'm much more interested in the personal happenings of your life and would love to hear about them. Let's share our experiences, our joys, our hardships, our funny moments, our life lessons, our friendship. That's what I want from you, my Facebook Friends. That's why we're friends in the first place, right?
Your Facebook Friend with a life
Dear Children:
Do you know the meaning of the word "antagonize"? You may not understand the word, but you certainly practice the verb. I love you all, but this attitude amongst you to antagonize each other is getting out of control and making me weary. I feel like I'm trying to put out a forest fire with a squirt gun. Five against one is not fair. Will you please try harder not to make faces at each other? To quit mimicking and mocking each other when you talk? To stop teasing and taunting?
Your mother who is at her wits end and ready to explode with frustration
Amen and amen on every single letter you wrote. Curse that darn Facebook.
ReplyDelete