Friday, April 19, 2013

Time to build a house!

It's time.  
Time to build our house.  
Or, at least get the ball rolling.  
So, that's what we've done. 
Ball rolling.

We've picked a builder, started the financing process, chosen the house site,
relocated the house site, 
tested the well, plotted a site map, replotted a site map, can you tell this process
is going to take awhile?
I'm learning a lot about permits, setbacks, septic systems, variances, county offices.
I need to discover more about natural gas availability, driveway accesses, electricity usage, 
water heaters, gas fireplaces.
There is a lot to do, but I'm excited to do it.
I can hardly believe we are finally to this point.
Here's to more square footage!



4 comments:

  1. So exciting! will it have a slide? Or a secret room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, a secret room. That sounds exciting! What a fun and happy (and educational!) time in your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece of land! Sooo exciting!

    ReplyDelete