Saturday, December 1, 2012

November of Joy

It's the time of year that reminds us to truly reflect on the things we are grateful for in our lives.  Without writing a novel or listing every item under the sun, here are a few of the top things that brought me joy this month:
  • Election day!  I enjoy seeing our democracy in action--it is truly amazing.  I love the feeling that sweeps across the nation as we all join together in a common action for the good and forward movement of our country.  Whether or not we agree with the results, I think we can all be grateful for the opportunity to let our voices be heard.
  • Spending a wonderful weekend out with a dear friend and both our daughters.  We went to a women's conference and listened to inspiring speakers and beautiful music.  Most of all, we enjoyed each other's company and Portland in the beautiful fall weather.  
  • Enjoying the Grand Opening for our business.  Mostly I enjoyed visiting with all the wonderful people who love and support us, professionally and personally.  Without our supportive cheerleaders, our accomplishments would seem deflated and unexciting.  
  • Finishing the Grant's soccer season brought me joy--no more dragging him to practice, crying, whining, complaining.  Remind me next year that he may not be a candidate for soccer again.
  • Meeting new, wonderful people who took us in for Thanksgiving dinner and treated us like family.  It was a true joy to spend the day with them and enjoy the abundance we have together.
  • Watching Dallin and Grant earn scouting awards.  Dallin earned his Webelos badge and Grant earned his Wolf badge.  They've worked hard (and so have I!).
  • Finally, FINALLY feeling like our choir is making progress.  As their director, it has been a long road to get to this point and I finally feel like we're making music together!  Let the concert season begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment