Good Tidings of Great Joy!
A Musical Celebration of Christmas
It is finished.
My consuming work of the season.
What a truly amazing experience to be an instrument
in worshipping the Savior through song and music at the most magical time of the year.
In my little community
--my little section of the state, country, world--
I was able to bring people together
to bear testimony of the Good Tidings of Great Joy
that have been given us from centuries ago.
I am truly honored and humbled by the experience.
I learned a lot.
Planning, flexibility, endurance.
Organization, communication, vision.
Leadership, encouragement, collaboration.
Just to name a few.
And, mostly, trust.
Trusting that my hard work would pay off.
Trusting that everyone involved would contribute their best.
Trusting that others would want to hear what we had to offer.
Trusting in myself--that my vision would be complete and successful.
Trusting I would be satisfied with the results.
What a truly amazing experience to be an instrument
in worshipping the Savior through song and music at the most magical time of the year.
In my little community
--my little section of the state, country, world--
I was able to bring people together
to bear testimony of the Good Tidings of Great Joy
that have been given us from centuries ago.
I am truly honored and humbled by the experience.
I learned a lot.
Planning, flexibility, endurance.
Organization, communication, vision.
Leadership, encouragement, collaboration.
Just to name a few.
And, mostly, trust.
Trusting that my hard work would pay off.
Trusting that everyone involved would contribute their best.
Trusting that others would want to hear what we had to offer.
Trusting in myself--that my vision would be complete and successful.
Trusting I would be satisfied with the results.
And in the end, my trust was unbetrayed.
Everything was not perfect, but everything was perfectly satisfying.
Everyone rose to the occasion.
It was a beautiful night.
My mom sang in the choir.
My brothers came to support me.
Their support meant the world to me and I was happy to share the night together.
In the end, all the work, worry, and time was worth it.
I'm grateful to have learned what I learned.
I'm pleased to have accomplished what I accomplished.
I'm hopeful for future concerts with even more successes.


No comments:
Post a Comment